Congratulations on finishing your book – we understand how much work it is!
We are honored to support our local authors and help you sell your books.
1. You can bring us your books to sell on consignment. We do a 60/40 split of the retail price with you when the books sell (you get 60%). We encourage you to bring 3-5 books to us and check on the stock count every few weeks. We will keep them for up to 6 months and at that time if your books have not sold, we will ask you to pick them up. If they are selling, we may choose to continue longer.
2. We will happily promote your book on social media and in our newsletter for free. You can send us a completed press kit and we will get you on the calendar as soon as we can.
3. You can also be a speaker at Words and Wine if you’d like to do a little public speaking. To prepare for this event you will send us your press kit, drop off books for consignment and pick a month to participate in Words and Wine. At this event you will be talking about your book to about 50 or more people for 15-20 minutes; we provide pupu and refreshments. You will also have a table during the event where you can do a book signing. This event happens monthly on the 1st Tuesday evening of the month @6PM and costs you $50.00.
Let us know how you would like to proceed so we can help you sell your books.
Brenda and Joy
Basic Press Kit:
- Bio of yourself – written in 3rd person
- Synopsis of your book
- JPEG of yourself
- JPEG of your book cover
- Short movie of yourself talking about your book (optional)